[RTW] [dispatch] RTC-Web I-D about interworking between RTC-Web and SIP-RTP

David Singer singer at apple.com
Wed Feb 9 19:00:46 CET 2011

well, reading it on its face, as long as we have an architecture which one *can* instantiate a component for the signalling that does SIP and a component for media-transfer that does RTP, and so on, this requirement is met.  And I would have thought that yes, we would agree the architecture should make that possible.

whether we choose those components as a baseline set to implement is much more a debate, I'd say.

On Feb 9, 2011, at 9:36 , Henry Sinnreich wrote:

>   GENERIC-REQ-1  The [RTC-Web] solution MUST be designed in a such way
>                   it allows interworking with SIP-RTP applications both
>                   at the signalling and media level.
>
> Please help me understand how this and the other requirements do not cripple the whole concept of the RTC-Web (innovation based on simplicity and flexibility) by making it just another extension of legacy telecom design?
>
> Or did the authors mean requirements for gateways only?
>
> Thanks, Henry
>
> On 2/9/11 3:06 AM, "Xavier Marjou" <xavier.marjou at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have posted a draft about interworking requirements between RTC-Web and SIP-RTP.
>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marjou-dispatch-rtcweb-sip-rtp-interwk-reqs-00.txt
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Xavier and Jean-François

David Singer