Last Call: 'IETF Problem Statement' to Informational RFC

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 6 18:21:12 CET 2004

So then Steve - if the Chair can declare as to what
Consensus means then what is the point of a WG - The
Chair could take their own vote as a co and pass it...
Ridiculous and extreme but still possible under today's
rules. The issue specifically is

    1)    What is a consensus and who determines it for
each "vote"...

    2)    How is a consensus documented and what about
the capturing of dissenting opinions from the
Consensus -

Todd