What are we doing when we "restructure"? (was: Re: Moving the process document forward

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Mon Sep 8 08:34:58 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc at dcrocker.net>

> SD> I have been confused before, but had assumed that
"restructuring"
> SD> meant at least "fixing 2.6.2 in the current problem statement
draft".

> I could make a guess about what the term means, too.  It might or
might not be
> the same as your guess.
>
> My point is that the term "restructuring" is too serious and implies
too much
> change for us to be guessing.

OK, point taken (on the second time round). When I say "restructure",
I mean

o       offload some portion of the IESG review workload,
            per Problem Statement 2.6.2, with the smallest process
            and structural changes required to achieve this goal

Who means something else when they say "restructure"?

If we really mean "offload IESG review workload", saying so
would be an improvement.

> Too much is being taken for granted or is being said without enough
precision.

I agree, and hope we can agree on more precision..

Spencer