Moving the process document forward

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Sat Sep 6 17:50:59 CEST 2003

> >> My concern is that if we wait for speedy decisive action and that
> >> action doesn't come then a year can pass with us being no further
> >> along then we are now.
> >
> > if this WG tries to get consensus on the way forward, it will take even
> > longer.
> >

> I don't see why that is necessarily so.

in general, it's harder to get agreeement among a large number of people with
widely varying levels of experience (in this case, that means experience leading
IETF or a very similar activity) than it is to get agreement among a smaller
number of people all of whom have some direct experience.  this is especially
true when the consequences of being wrong are severe.