Proposed statement quotes wrong numbers

Christian Huitema huitema at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Oct 27 14:00:56 CET 2003

In fact, if you go back to the archives of the 1992 discussions, it was
perceived then that the previous structure did not scale. For example,
the IAB was in charge of reviewing every RFC before it could be
published, and as the number of WG increased that became a bottleneck. A
lot of the 1992 effort was about designing a structure that would scale
better -- i.e. scale for much more than the 600-700 participants at the
time.

I am not sure that the IETF problems are primarily a scaling issue.

http://www.ietf.org/meetings/past.meetings.html,