IESG proposed statement on the IETF mission

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Mon Oct 27 05:58:38 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <harald at alvestrand.no>

> True. Nearly a year ago, we attempted to publish
> draft-iesg-vendor-extensions, to describe these problems in more
detail -
> but we failed to get that finished.

I should probably get out more, but I wasn't familiar with this draft.
I see that version 00 was announced. It looks to have been discussed
in a couple of posts on ccamp (and mpls? but I didn't look), and
revectored onto the main IETF discussion list, where it was the
subject of two posts. The draft says "The initial version of this
document was put together by the IESG", suggesting that they were
asking for input or other forms of help, but that didn't happen.

(In your opinion:) Was this a case of insufficient agreement, or a
case of insufficient cycles? Or something else?

Spencer