Problems vs Social Dynamics (Re: IESG proposed statement on the IETF mission)

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Thu Oct 16 09:38:11 CEST 2003

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 05:43 AM, Harald Tveit Alvestrand
wrote:
> The discussion of "social dynamics" documents an attempt to understand
> *why* we have the problems we have, rather than naming the specific
> problems

Arguably the problem-statement document was to have done that.
At any rate my primary concern is that the draft of the IESG
statement makes a start at articulating a mission but drifts
towards problem description in the second half, and I think
there's a strong sense within the organization that we really
need a clear mission statement.

Melinda