OPEN ISSUE: Quality Process WG Charter

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Thu May 29 16:01:48 CEST 2003

Hi Spencer,

There is no suggestion in our process document that the nomcom
should choose the chairs for the near-term WG to improve the
quality processes used by WGs.  That is the WG we are discussing
here...

The problem-statement did list an open issue about how the
charter for this WG should be determined.  I proposed that
the charter should be determined by the AD and chairs, probably
through the normal BOF process.  Several people agreed, and
no one disagreed.

The usual BOF process typically involves someone (or a group
of people) proposing a BOF to the relevant AD (in this case,
Harald).

There is a suggestion that the nomcom (or a similar mechanism)
could be used to choose chairs for the longer-term
Improvement WG -- the one that will start by determining
our mission/values/goals...  There are still a lot of open
question about how that longer term group will be managed,
chartered, etc.

Does this clear up your issue, or are you concerned that we
may not be ready to hold a BOF for the near-term WG?

Margaret