Listing affiliations (Re: OPEN ISSUE: WG Chair Selection (in general))

John C Klensin john-ietf at jck.com
Wed May 28 13:38:42 CEST 2003

--On Wednesday, 28 May, 2003 12:01 -0400 "Daniel O. Awduche"
<awduche at awduche.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> These are all very good points. Overall, aside from
> current affiliations, I think it would be appropriate
> and beneficial to display a one paragraph bio of each
> IESG and IAB member on the respective websites.

Much as I find myself slipping into avoidance behavior
--typically of the form of "what can I think of that absolutely
has to be done first"-- every time someone says "would you
please boil your career/ life down into one paragraph and put it
in this box", I think very short bio sketches would be useful
additions to affiliation information.

Note that we used to publish such bios -- see RFCs 1251 and 1336
-- but stopped.  I don't remember why we stopped, but assume it
might have had to do with the change in tone and (expected)
increased turnover rate that occurred around the time 1336 was
published.  Or Gary may have just run out of energy.   Gary --
you listening and care to comment?

       john