Controlling the IETF -- Engineers vs. Marketeers and Politeers

Bound, Jim Jim.Bound at hp.com
Mon May 26 20:09:58 CEST 2003

This is a key point of discussion.  We should not let bad marketing
interfere with our document classifcations and progressions.  No matter
what set we have to follow someone will abuse it.  Most users I know are
pretty clear on the difference between BCP, Info, PS to IS progression.
The IETF has been around awhile now and those who use the standards are
not stupid.

/jim