IESG restructuring (Re: Example of the One Liners out of context)

Scott W Brim swb at employees.org
Mon May 26 17:41:42 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 09:44:25PM +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand allegedly wrote:
> what do other people think here?
>
> --On søndag, mai 25, 2003 07:25:22 -0700 Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
> >i do not think that adding a process director to the iesg is
> >constructive, and would be in fact destructive.  we don't need to
> >politicize the wgs, iesg, secretariat as we already have this wg.
> >we should leave some parts of the organization to do actual ietf
> >work.

I would not have a process director per se -- that feels like too much
permanent infrastructure -- but we do have plenty to do on process.  How
about something like NomCom -- let's not have 3000 people arguing
endlessly about process, but let's do have a periodically refreshed
small design team looking at problems, consulting with experienced
IETFers, proposing designs and determining rough consensus.