OPEN ISSUE: Standards Track

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Thu May 22 16:48:29 CEST 2003

John, you're correct, but the fact is that viewed from the outside,
the set of RFCs looks like a shambles, and in terms of maintaining
our position as *the* Internet standards body, we'd better clear
that up. I think it is a serious problem, in terms of persuading the
industry as a whole that the IETF is doing a good enough job to
recieve the support we need.

So it needs to be on the list, if not at the top of the list.

   Brian