OPEN ISSUE: Appeals Path

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Wed May 21 17:12:04 CEST 2003

Hi Spencer,

At 03:01 PM 5/21/2003 -0500, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
>I had the (mis?)understanding that the current version of the draft
>did not recognize that ISOC reviewed process changes anyway,
>as part of providing liability insurance coverage for process leadership.

Yes.  I received the following description of this process
from Scott Bradner (who should know better than anyone :-)):

"After the IETF finishes its normal process on a process document
the document is brought before the ISOC BoT by an ISOC board member
and the board is asked to accept the document as a description
of the IETF process."

And, I will include this step in the next version of the document.

Margaret