IESG spin-up time (was: Re: Charters, "normal process"versus ISOC, etc. (was: Re)

Mark Allman mallman at grc.nasa.gov
Wed May 21 08:43:18 CEST 2003

> > I've been told that it takes 6+ months to come up-to-speed in
> > the IESG, and I believe that.
>
> Ok.  This has now been said several times.  Ignoring whether or
> not it applies to a possible "process" position or not, I think it
> represents a problem that belongs on the list and that isn't, as
> far as I can tell, there.

Or, is this just symptomatic of a larger problem that is the job of
"AD" is just too much?  I.e., if it takes someone 6 months to
spin-up then maybe that means breadth of the AD job is too wide.

(Not that I dislike the data point.  It's quite interesting.  I just
don't know that it represents the problem.)

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/