Charters, "normal process" versus ISOC, etc. (was: Re

James Kempf kempf at docomolabs-usa.com
Tue May 20 17:25:33 CEST 2003

Dave,

I think you hit this right on.

The issue has to do with the community's perception's in and since
Yokohama and the lack of progress since Yokohama (I read the 10 months
below as Yokohama not Kobe).

John K.'s proposal is a good compromise between the need for
independence and the desire for something that fits the IETF
community's process. Of course, we need an individual who can make
this work,  and getting the right person is always important,  but I
think we need to really decide on something that looks like it will
work and get started on solutions.

            jak