Solutions WG chair selection (was: Re: OPEN ISSUE: WG Chair Selection)

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Tue May 20 19:02:44 CEST 2003

Hi, Dave,

My apologies for appearing to pronounce convergence,
(at least I never used the word "consensus"). My attention
was mostly focused on an "Open Issue" from process-00,
and I was trying to say "... although some of us would like for
the Solutions WG chair selection to be done differently". It
wasn't my intention to try to steer the conversation on the
Solutions WG chair selection.

Poor choice of words. I now return you to the capable hands
of Melinda and Avri!

Dear All,

I'd still like to hear comments on whether the way we select
working group chairs IN GENERAL is a "problem". This was
a question in section 4.5 of the current version of the process draft,
and the editorial team was looking for input - hence Margaret's
posting.

I tweaked the subject line, so we can start trying to tell the
two threads apart when we look back...

Spencer