OPEN ISSUE: WG Chair Selection

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Tue May 20 08:05:35 CEST 2003

Dear Dave,

I believe that this thread was actually about the general
process of selecting a chair for any WG, not about the
mechanisms we're discussing for choosing leadership
for the Solutions WG (we seem to be converging on a
"less change is better than more change" for the Solutions
AD and WG chair(s), but we've seen other proposals
for this unique selection process on this mailing list).

Dear All,

Having said this - I do agree with the expressed desire
for more awareness that a WG chair position is open.

I found Harald's process for choosing co-chairs for the
Problem Statement working group to be encouraging,
and would like to see something like this become
more common in the IETF.

Subject to the "ADs and WG chairs must have a
good relationship" caveat that Margaret mentioned...

Spencer