OPEN ISSUE: Standards Track

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Tue May 20 07:47:56 CEST 2003

I haven't seen any followup to Brian's note, and wanted to

(1) agree that moving from PS to full Standard is more
likely interesting than moving from PS to Draft Standard,

(2) agree that Draft Standard does NOT seem like a more
impressive name than PS to anyone outside IETF (and
it's been a while since someone has been confused about
the difference between "draft standard" and "internet draft
on the standards track" in my presence, but it has happened).

Spencer