Document Blocking (Was: I-DACTION:draft-ietf-problem-process-00.txt)

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Mon May 19 10:21:20 CEST 2003

Thomas has good instincts for research design.

I'm remembering from the book "Flaws and Fallacies in Statistical Thinking"
about the estimates of the rat population in New York during the 1970s,
when someone finally figured out that if a researcher saw a rat on the third
floor of a slum, and a rat on the seventh floor, and a rat on the ninth
floor,
they could all be the same rat...

Spencer