Charters, "normal process" versus ISOC, etc. (was: Re

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon May 19 12:05:58 CEST 2003

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> I agree with Scott. I trust Harald and I would be entirely happy for
> this work to be done in the General area. But there is no problem about
> doing it in an interim area, except that it means finding an interim AD
> as well as WG Chairs.

I'm fine with either approach.

But remember that one of the other problems was the shallowness of the
pool for IESG positions.  The chosen AD would have to sit on all IESG
teleconferences and take part in those ballots, read the drafts put before
the IESG etc.etc. too. (Except if these are specifically designated out of
scope when chartering the temporary AD "position".)

Depending on the level of responsibility, it would be huge task -- and I
rather think that a relatively open process to pick a chair, like with
problem-statement, would be both the fastest and the easiest approach.