OPEN ISSUE: Appeals Path

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Fri May 16 23:59:25 CEST 2003

At 04:22 PM 5/16/2003 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>MW> I think that a well-defined appeals process is needed for any
>MW> activity the size and scope of the proposed Improvement WG.
>
>There is no higher appeal than the IETF Plenary.

So, if a WG member has a problem with an action taken by the
WG chair, how will that be appealed to the plenary?

Or will the aggrieved party have to wait until the conclusion
of the process, when consensus on the results is sought during
the plenary?  At that point, how would an appeal on a months-
old action be constructively raised?

Margaret