Document Blocking (Was: I-D

Bound, Jim Jim.Bound at hp.com
Fri May 16 22:35:12 CEST 2003

I don't disagree with the lightweight process but I think it far easier
just to have an IESG member defend their pushback or whatever on the
mail list and working group. Discuss it with the members have debate.
If we use this as a more and folkway as part of the role and job of an
IESG member and document it we don't need yet another process.  The IESG
is suppose to be our partners and we just need to make a rule or
something that our partners have to the same as any member in this
community and defend and debate their push back if they want to overrule
a WG and Chair.  Now if that don't create compromise then the IESG can
be swayed by the AD to reject a proposal and document why.  Then one
uses the appeal process we have.

/jim