Document Blocking (Was: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-problem-process-00.txt)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri May 16 13:13:58 CEST 2003

Folks,

PR> The ADs who think that there is a serious problem with a document
PR> should convince the rest of the IESG that the document is a bad idea.
PR> Then, the IESG can come to consensus (or unanimity) to reject a
PR> document (or at least stop it until the problem is fixed).

Exactly right.

No matter how stellar the expertise of someone, if they cannot convince
others that their views are correct, something is very, very wrong.
Permitting them to single- (or double-) handedly block something removes
the the incentive for that person to work at convincing others.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>