OPEN ISSUE: Quality Process WG Charter

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Fri May 16 10:30:23 CEST 2003

Harold,

> a charter for
> selected chair(s)?]
> >>

> >> I think that developing a charter for this group should be
> >> done by the ADs and chair(s), probably through the normal
> >> BOF process.
> >
> > I agree with you on this.
>
> timing issue.....
>
> is the creation of the Quality WG dependent on IETF consensus on the
> Problem and Process documentson this WG?
> If yes - the WG cannot be started until after Vienna.
> If no - the WG process can be started as soon as there appears to be
> reasonable consensus that the WG should be formed. It seems reasonable to
> expect that the WG could start before this WG produces its
> final output.

Irrespective of the yes or no - what stops us from having a bof on this,
where a charter is proposed, etc?

> identity issue....
>
> is this WG in parallel to, in cooperation with, or orthogonal to, the
> proposal to form a WG (that is, an activity with a charter)
> focusing on training/education/leader development for the IETF?

I guess I haven't been paying attention - I did not realize that there was
such a proposal for a WG.  Anyhow, I'd say there was a relation, but
not a direct coupling of the two efforts.

thanks,
John