OPEN ISSUE: Nomcom Process

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Thu May 15 12:44:14 CEST 2003

The process document currently says:

>We may also need to modify our Nomcom processes so that IETF
>participants who are not part of the IETF leadership can have more
>visibility into the Nomcom process and more proportional input into
>leadership selection.  [OPEN ISSUE: Do we have consensus that these
>are real problems that need to be solved?]

I believe that this is a real problem, and that we should
modify our Nomcom processes to do two (related) things:

         - Give the community more visibility into the
                 process.
         - Get more feedback on potential candidates from
                 the community.  Currently, some candidates
                 are discussed with the leaders (IESG/IAB
                 members and WG chairs), but the greater
                 community doesn't even know who is being
                 considered.

Margaret