Time required to write down "wisdom" (Re: "Adult supervision")

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Tue May 13 00:15:00 CEST 2003

Good summary.

The other pitfall I see with this process is that sometimes we keep iterating
on bad documents in the vain hope that they'll get better, and sometimes those
documents get approved due to exhaustion on the part of the reviewers.
(or worse, in an attempt to avoid embarassment at having invested so much
effort in a bad idea)

But if we could figure out a way to get enough review cycles, at about the
right intervals, and at the same time learn how to prune bad ideas or
incomplete ideas that weren't ready to avoid investing too much in them, we
could drastically improve the quality and relevance of our output.

Keith