"Adult supervision"

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Wed May 7 13:57:36 CEST 2003

Keith Moore <moore at cs.utk.edu> writes:

> > The inference I made was that this explanation would be sufficient to derail
> > a working group effort.

> working groups choose to be derailed.

Note Keith, this type of language is polarizing and NOT helpful or
constructive. You make it sound like WGs willingly get derailed as if
they like doing this. From where I sit, I see WGs get derailed for
lots of reasons, but it's not like the WG as a whole choses
this. Sometimes it's caused by individuals, or topics, etc., but it's
not appropriate to say WGs choose to do this. Or to imply that they
somehow _want_ to do this.

Thomas