My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 08:26:36 CEST 2003

Well, while we're trying to read Jonne's mind, may I chime in?

I took Brian's pointer to look at some 1991 IAB minutes, and
thought they looked GREAT. (Specifically,
http://www.iab.org/IABmins/IABmins.1991-01-08.arch.html)

I looked at some 1998 minutes, and they looked like IESG minutes
:-{. (Specifically,
http://www.iab.org/IABmins/IABmins.1998-01-20.html).

I liked the most recent minutes
(http://www.iab.org/IABmins/IABmins.2003-03-18.html) better than
the 1998 minutes, but not as much as the 1991 minutes.

I've never discussed an IAB meeting with any IAB member, but the
trend in minutes looks like IAB moved from discussing ideas to
discussing documents. I trust that's not true - but you can't
tell it from the minutes!

Spencer, who will be reading through the archive, because I'm
learning a lot from what I'm reading there...