"Adult supervision"

Bound, Jim Jim.Bound at hp.com
Tue May 6 13:40:25 CEST 2003

I have had this experience too.  What I got was "this won't fly".  What
the hell does that mean and who do you think you are some kind of god or
something was my response in my brain which never came out of my mouth.
Comments like "this will kill the Internet" or "this won't fly" are
completely unacceptable form of communications.  If one believes
something will kill the Internet they should have to technically defend
it and debate it in depth.  There are no KIngs right?

You see all there are little events and happenings that make many of us
think there are Kings and we are suppose to reject Kings or Queens
right?

I don't care who one is, what they have done, or even if they are a
legend in their own mind all must defend and back-up technical comments
or words to derail work proposed or ideas.

Power always corrupts even the most honorable person it is the systems
rules and processes that helps persons in power maintain to avoid
corruption.  Otherwise an entity ends up with Monarchy or worst case
scenario Dictatorship.

Please don't tell me this does not happen and often or I will start
sending existing working group mail where it happens right now.

This is a problem and we should fix it somehow.

/jim

/jim