My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Tue May 6 01:02:04 CEST 2003

> I agree with what you say about WGs.
>
> But I am getting the feeling here that the IESG has no problems and all
> is well.  That is not true is all I am saying.

certainly IESG has problems.  but IESG has been under pressure to solve
its problems for awhile now.  they're not all solved, and they'll never be all
solved, but they have a head start.  there is far more that can be done to
improve WG output than to improve IESG, and this is really where we can get
the most gain.

(and there are a few things we can do in addition to improving either one -
like provide ways to give WGs more feedback earlier in their lifetimes)

Keith