Strategy for VPN work in IETF

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Mon May 5 17:01:27 CEST 2003

My spam filters decided to put it in the junk. But it neatly
illustrates the issue we have when the I* tries to look at
the big picture, and a special interest group looks only at its
own small area - there is a genuine conflict of interest, and
the IETF and its processes are set up to favour the big picture.
That is not a problem IMHO. It's exactly correct, except that we
have to explain it better to the special interest groups.

   Brian