My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Eric Rosen erosen at cisco.com
Fri May 2 12:14:43 CEST 2003

Keith> whether it  is "legitimate" to  let a narrowly focused  working group
Keith> decide what is best for the entire Internet is a different question.

Oh, I certainly agree that people with narrow focus shouldn't decide what is
best for the entire Internet.

For example,  I know of  some folks who  are very interested  in multi-party
peer-to-peer  applications,  and  who  judge  every  proposal  by  the  sole
criterion   of   how   that   proposal  affects   multi-party   peer-to-peer
applications. From my  perspective, these folks are just  a narrowly focused
special interest group, who think that they have the right to decide what is
best for the entire Internet.

I wonder if you have any idea who I might have in mind.