My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Eric Rosen erosen at cisco.com
Fri May 2 10:18:40 CEST 2003

Keith> I've seen  far too many  WGs completely (and  sometimes deliberately)
Keith> fail to understand the wider implications of their proposals

I think  cases like  this are  not so much  due to  a deliberate  failure to
understand,  as  to  a  difference  of opinion  about  applicability,  or  a
difference of  opinion about the  importance of these  "wider implications".
The inability of the IESG to recognize that there is a legitimate difference
of opinion  about the importance of  certain "wider implications"  is one of
our biggest problems.