My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com
Thu May 1 15:38:48 CEST 2003

Hi,

but isn't IETF last-call there for catching the inter WG/inter Area issues?

Anyways, would you have some examples of such cases? Maybe I'm too naive, but I kind of tend to think that the WGs try to do the right thing. I can understand that despite of best efforts errors may happen. However, the reason for errors are usually due to the lack of sufficient review. I'm a little bit skeptical of the idea that some WGs would deliberately try to do something wrong, and try to push through deliberately something that does not work. What would be the point of this?

Cheers,

Jonne.