WG Chairs training (Re: modest suggestion for how to proceed)

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Thu Mar 27 18:30:47 CET 2003

>Transparency, here too, might be nice.
>
>(Or maybe not if you just want to replace "evil IESG" with "evil WG
>chairs" and remove a scalability problem ;-).

Ahhh... My secret plot has been uncovered.  :-).

Seriously, what parts of the WG chairs training efforts should be
more transparent?

The WG chairs web site is available on the IETF web site at:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/wgchairs.html

The current set of WG chairs training slides _should_ be accessible
from that location, but I have just noticed that the link is broken.
I will try to get it fixed.

WG chairs training sessions are only open to current BOF or WG
chairs, and the WG chairs training discussions have primarily
taken place on the (closed) WG chairs mailing list.  Purely for
logistical reasons, I do believe that there is a need to limit
attendance at these sessions to existing WG/BOF chairs.

I have also limited (intentionally) the general discussions of
WG chairs training to WG/BOF chairs and IESG members, because I think
that these are the right people to discuss this topic.  I would like
to provide appropriate transparency for these discussions, but I'd
also like to keep the discussions themselves constrained to WG/BOF
chairs and IESG members.  Is there a good way to do that?  Would
it would to include a pointer to the wgchairs-training mailing list
archives on the (publicly accessible) WG chairs web site?

Margaret