working group commitment

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Mar 26 16:09:59 CET 2003

James,

JK> Another problem here is that many companies no longer are willing to admit that
JK> they are implementing something until it has become an RFC

that has always been true, to some extent.  equivocating language, like
"we are considering implementing the work, when it is completed" is
often the best we can get.

however, failure to get even statements like that from a number of
implementors (and note that I am not just saying "product" companies) is
a clear indication that the work is doomed for some dusty shelf.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>