The "late surprise" problem

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 21:26:21 CET 2003

Later Friday afternoon, Margaret made a helpful distinction to
me - some proposals add process layers vertically, while others
add process layers horizontally. If I understood Brian's
proposal, it adds a layer vertically, so think in terms of the
advantages and disadvantages of "adding a layer of management".

Is there a way to add a SIR layer horizontally in Brian's
proposal? Is this what Raj's "workgroup empowerment" proposal
accomplishes?

Spencer

--- Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> The proposal outlined is definitely an effective way of
> ensuring
> that documents get reviewed. However some concerns:

[deleted down to ]
> 2. Creating yet another "class" of people in the IETF -
> against
>    the perception of an open SDO
[deleted down to ]