Physical violence (was: RE: ineffective use of meeting time)

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 20:59:31 CET 2003

I stood up at the problem statement working group meeting at
IETF 56 and said that the IETF had become a kinder, gentler
place over the past six years, in the circles I run in, and I
really believe that.

In private conversations afterwards, I was pointed toward
working groups where threats of physical violence on the mailing
list are not unknown.

Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but this was news to me.

Could this be true?

I have seen "rude, unprofessional behavior", as John describes
it, but thought it is becoming rarer... am I just lucky?

Spencer