ineffective use of meeting time

Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com
Sat Mar 22 09:15:52 CET 2003

Effective use of WG meeting time is something that WG chairs
should be trained on. For example we spend at least an average
of 10 minutes giving a status update of WG documents. I think
the status is already known before the WG meeting and simply
putting the status of the WG documents at some URL is sufficient.
Some of the WGs that have a large number of WG documents take
up valuable time from the agenda with no real feedback received
as a result of the status update.
But I do agree that it is sometimes valuable to have presentations
that help the WG make progress. Again I think this is something
that chairs should have a say on and be able to determine.

-Basavaraj