The "late surprise" problem

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Mar 21 18:39:05 CET 2003

Ted, I think that if a review panel existed, WGs should be
encouraged to use it early in the process as well as late. But
it's hard to make that mandatory.

In answer to Pekka - the review is consciously not a yes/no
decision. So mixed reviews would be a signal for detailed IESG
attention. All good or all bad reviews would give the IESG a strong
hint for a quick decision.

I won't respond to the other comments sent so far, but they are all good
input.

   Brian