Hummmm..... [ was Re: Problem statement draft comments ]

graham.travers at bt.com graham.travers at bt.com
Thu Mar 13 15:41:36 CET 2003

IMHO, humming is somewhat irrelevant, anyhow.

It may be useful to gauge the feeling in a room, but it can't help gauge
consensus on a mailing list, which is ( or should be ) the ultimate
indicator.  The same is true of voting in a room, so that's not much of an
improvement.

Questions for humming or voting should be clear.  I've been in several
meetings where the chair has had trouble in phrasing a single, closed
question that can be answered "yes" or "no".

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BTexact Technologies

	e-mail:   graham.travers at bt.com
	tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
	fax:      +44(0) 1359 235087

	HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

	BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.