MIXER example (mailing list size/activity)

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Thu Mar 13 07:07:53 CET 2003

Hi Harald,

At 09:50 AM 3/13/2003 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>and yes - I think the MIXER documents would have been much more useful to
>the Internet if they had been out 2 years earlier..... I think the WG was
>a classic example of the "unable to finish within reasonable timeframe"
>disease.... but I still think the documents were of acceptable quality....

Do you think that the documents would have been more useful if
they had shipped two years earlier at a lower "quality" level?

I don't know if there is enough information available (in your
own mind or elsewhere) to answer this question.  But, were
the last two years spent tuning a set of documents?  Or did
it just take too long to resolve the fundamental disagreements
and reach consensus on the issues?

Margaret