Definition of power and responsibility [Re: Delegation of power(wasRE: Section 2.4 ofdraft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt)]

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins at cynetanetworks.com
Wed Mar 5 08:52:10 CET 2003

I don't mean to imply that all SDOs are alike, but re: the "side-by-side"
comment in Margaret's e-mail, 3GPP was very careful (for political reasons)
to have several side-by-side Technical Specification Groups (TSGs - see
http://www.3gpp.org/TB/home.htm for details), but this has evolved to the
Services and Systems Aspects TSG becoming a pseudo-plenary (meets the week
after all other TSGs, the other TSGs present their work there, etc.), so
I'd look for examples of side-by-side decompositions that stayed side-by-side
before going too far down this path. "Side-by-side" isn't "first-among-equals",
but it seems difficult to keep it that way.

Spencer

[deleted down to]