Definition of power and responsibility [Re: Delegation of power(wasRE: Section 2.4 ofdraft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt)]

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Tue Mar 4 20:35:42 CET 2003

Hames,

> I agree with this analysis, but I think you may be missing
> one point in EKR's postings.
>
> In addition to agreeing about who has authority/responsiblity for what in the
> current organizational structure, there is the open question about whether the
> current organizational structure is sufficient for the current situation. There
> have been some proposals for a more formal intermediary level between IESG and
> WG chairs, with a discussion of their attendant drawbacks.
>
> Do we want to completely rule out this possibility due to the
> drawbacks?

I don't think we should rule it out at all.  I want to document the current
percieved problems before we start working on solutions.

I do think some more formalism might not be a bad thing between the IESG
& WG chairs - and I do think that WG chairs shoulder some of the responsibilities
for the current problem(s).

John