General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Tue Mar 4 12:56:32 CET 2003

Margaret,

> I do, sometimes, think that we could be more productive if we
> had more interim meetings, but they can be difficult to schedule,
> due to the need for AD approval and attendance.  And, that's really
> what I was thinking about when I mentioned some concerns
> regarding the need for ADs to attend all meetings.

The majority of interim meetings I have been at have been really
useful. I encourage interim meetings, actually, as long as the
chairs can constuct a focused agenda & 'stuckees' can attend ;)
Actually, the presence of ADs are very important as well, because
often key decisions get made at interim meetings & having AD
buy-in is usually needed.  Finally, it is probably useful then
to present the results of the interim meeting at the next WG
IETF meeting (& on the mailing list), to ensure that the WG
approves of the outcome.

br,
John