General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Mon Mar 3 12:25:10 CET 2003

> I believe you when you say that some working groups can't solve
> some problems that some ADs can, but ...
>
> If this happens more than about once per year, that's sad, and if
> it happens more than once a year to most of the ADs, we're dead.
>
> Because that's the END of scaling.

no disagreement here.

it was obvious to me when I was on IESG that the organization we had in
place was unscalable.  it was also apparent to me that at that time
there was not enough political will to fix the problem.   I'm glad to
see that the latter situation has changed. I just hope we will
understand the problem thoroughly before we start making changes.

Keith