General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Mon Mar 3 09:25:55 CET 2003

> Replying to myself, again...  Hey, it's been a long
> night. :-)
>
> One thing that makes me question how much real power
> and authority has been delegated to WG chairs is the
> fact that the "responsible AD" is always expected to
> be present when the WG meets.

I didn't think that was a hard-and-fast rule.  But it was often my
experience that WGs wanted/needed advice of various kinds from ADs
during a meeting, ranging from process issues (what do the rules say
about this?) to technical issues (can we get away without a
mandatory-to-implement authentication mechanism?) to political issues
(is this likely to get past IESG?)

Keith