General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

RJ Atkinson rja at extremenetworks.com
Mon Mar 3 08:50:13 CET 2003

On Monday, Mar 3, 2003, at 08:27 America/Montreal, Margaret Wasserman
wrote:
> It's not possible, though, to run such a large group by loose
> delegation, trust and the sincere desire of everyone to do the
> right thing.  A management team of over 200 people requires
> clear delegation of roles, responsibilities and areas of
> authority, or it won't work effectively.

Agree.

A problem is that we lack sufficient clarity about roles,
responsibilities, and areas of authority among IAB, IESG,
WG Chairs, WG participants, and so forth.  The boundary
between IAB and IESG is particularly fuzzy -- and has
been a source of recurring confusion/frustration to various
IAB or IESG folks (at least) for several years now.

Ran