MAJOR ISSUE: WG formation process

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Sun Jun 29 10:29:59 CEST 2003

> My wording was a little unclear - I'd change it to to read that
> the problem-statement could identify areas in which the working group
> formation process is not transparent enough, as your example does.

One thing that's popping out of the discussion is that the
question of transparency is tied directly to one's role in
the process - for example, things that look obvious to IESG
members may not be obvious to chairs and things that are
obvious to chairs may not be obvious to WG participants (and
the problem probably flows in the opposite direction once a
WG is under way).

Melinda