MAJOR ISSUE: WG formation process

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Sat Jun 28 12:02:10 CEST 2003

] > I agree that WG formation time is a valid issue.
]
] OK. What exactly do you think the "issue" is?

often, we're not able to take advantage of the energy that accompanies an
effort to start a new WG; by the time we get it started, that energy has often
waned considerably.  this makes it harder to recruit people to do the heavy
lifting in the group, and may cause the group to take longer to produce
output.  in rare cases the group is unable to produce output while it's still
useful or relevant.